Table of Contents
How do you use carry in a sentence?
Carrying sentence example
- It was that of a boy carrying a basket of ripe red cherries.
- The ant was carrying a grain of wheat as large as itself.
- You’re carrying this juror business too far!
- I’m not used to having a phone in the house, much less carrying a cell phone.
- “Was he carrying anything?”
How do you use the verb carry?
[transitive] carry something to have something with you and take it wherever you go Police in many countries carry guns. I never carry much money on me. [transitive] carry something to contain and direct the flow of water, electricity, etc.
What does it mean to carry something?
1. Carry, convey, transport, transmit imply taking or sending something from one place to another. Carry means to take by means of the hands, a vehicle, etc.: to carry a book; The boat carried a heavy load.
What type of word is carried?
Carried is a verb – Word Type.
What is the meaning of carried out?
Definition of carry out (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to bring to a successful issue : complete, accomplish carried out the assignment. 2 : to put into execution carry out a plan. 3 : to continue to an end or stopping point.
What is the verb of carrying?
transitive verb. 1 : to move while supporting : transport her legs refused to carry her further— Ellen Glasgow. 2 : to convey by direct communication carry tales about a friend.
How do you carry someone?
- Place both the victim’s arms over your shoulders.
- Cross the victim’s arms, grasping the victim’s opposite wrist.
- Pull the arms close to your chest.
- Squat slightly and drive your hips into the victim while bending slightly at the waist.
- Balance the load on your hips and support the victim with your legs.
Is carried out meaning?
1 : to bring to a successful issue : complete, accomplish carried out the assignment. 2 : to put into execution carry out a plan. 3 : to continue to an end or stopping point.
What’s another word for carried out?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for carry out, like: complete, fulfill, execute, accomplish, achieve, stop, succeed, implement, put through, go through and outrange.
What is another word for carried out?
What is the meaning of carried on?
: to continue doing, pursuing, or operating carry on research carried on the business. intransitive verb. 1 : to continue especially in spite of hindrance or discouragement chose to carry on despite the weather. 2 : to behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner shocked at how he carries on.