Table of Contents
How do you answer why do you want to join?
Rolling out your response with a smooth lead-in
- “I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving company/industry, and I feel I can do so by/with my …
- “I feel my skills are particularly well-suited to this position because …
Why do you want to join our?
I believe the skillset & experience I possess not only shall bring value to your organization, but in turn shall also help me to acquire experience & sharpen my skills amidst your organization’s professional work culture. If given an opportunity I positively look forward to give my best to your organization.
What attracted you to apply for this position?
How to Formulate Your Answer to Why You’re Applying for This Position
- Former Experience and Future Plans. Your experience and plans for new experiences should be a big part of your answer.
- Knowledge of the Company. Your knowledge of the company should also be a decent part of your response.
- Knowledge of the Role.
Why are you applying for this job?
First, they want to make sure you’ve done your research and know what their job involves. And second, they want to see if you’ve thought about your own career and know what you’re looking for. They want someone who’s thought about their career goals and wants a specific type of job (or at least a few different types).
Why are you interested in this position best answer?
Example: “I’m interested in this job because I can see that, in this role, my skills could help solve this problem within your company. I also see an opportunity for me to learn and grow these skills, so we both would benefit personally, professionally, and financially.
What are the 3 main reasons to consider when applying for a new job?
10 Reasons You’re Looking or Applying for a New Job
- You are looking for a bigger or smaller company.
- You want better long-term prospects.
- Ethical reasons to look for a new job.
- Personal reasons.
- Dissatisfaction with your current job.
- Seeking a new opportunity.
Can you tell me a little about yourself?
A Simple Formula for Answering “Tell Me About Yourself” Present: Talk a little bit about what your current role is, the scope of it, and perhaps a big recent accomplishment. Past: Tell the interviewer how you got there and/or mention previous experience that’s relevant to the job and company you’re applying for.
Why are you interested in this job?
Why are you applying for this job best answer?
I would be proud to work for a company with such impressive innovations [example of the company’s recent work] in the industry. And I’m also confident that my experience in [tech experience] would be fitting for the [type of role] because [examples of how your experience would benefit you in this specific role].”
What is your motivation for applying for this job?
A good answer to any interview question is succinct and makes use of telling detail. Whatever you say about your motivation, you need to back it up with examples from your studies, work experience and/or extracurricular activities, and it should relate to the skills and aptitudes required for the job you’re going for.