Table of Contents
How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
How do you fix a DVD player that won’t open or close?
Here’s what to do:
- Unplug the disc player.
- Take out the screws securing the cover and remove it.
- Blow air into the mechanism to remove dust.
- Plug the player back in.
- Try ejecting the tray.
- If it doesn’t eject, look for something jamming the tray.
- Also see if the belt is damaged or broken or fell off.
What causes a DVD player not to load?
If the DVD player is not loading all discs, then there could be dirty or bad lens and mainboard of the DVD player. You will need to first clean the DVD player with proper cotton and solution. If that doesn’t work either, consider sending the DVD player for repair or replacement.
How do I lock my DVD player?
Press and hold the PAUSE or the STOP button on the Blu-ray Disc player for approximately 10 seconds until LOCKED is displayed on the front panel display. NOTE: Depending on the model, you will have to press either the PAUSE button or the STOP button.
How do you reset a DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET . Press the ENTER button.
Why won’t my DVD player work on my smart TV?
Ensure the video cable between the DVD player and TV is securely connected to both devices. NOTE: If the issue only occurs with the first DVD, then the disc may have dust, fingerprints or scratches. Ensure the TV and DVD player are set to utilize the same type of video signal, either progressive or interlaced .
How do I get the child lock off my DVD player?
Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW repeatedly until CHILD LOCK appears in the front panel display. Press either the +(Enter) or the RIGHT ARROW button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select a setting. OFF: the CHILD LOCK function is off.
Why does my DVD player say locked?
This would be an indication that the Child Lock feature is enabled. Follow these steps to unlock or release the tray: Turn on the Home Theater System. The message UNLOCKED will be displayed to indicate that DVD disc tray is unlocked.
How do you reset a DVD player without a remote?
To power reset, turn OFF the DVD player and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Attempt to open the disc tray.
How do you unfreeze a DVD?
Luckily cleaning DVDs is easy. You can get a clean DVD with just clean water and a lint free cloth….How to Fix DVD Freezes
- Inspect the DVD on both sides.
- Get your cloth.
- Run water over the dirty surface of the DVD.
- Wipe the crud off the DVD carefully, from the center out.
- Don’t put too much pressure on the cloth.
How do I fix my Samsung DVD player that won’t open?
Disc tray won’t open on Blu-ray or home theater system
- Press Stop. Press the Stop button on either the remote or the player itself.
- Turn the lock off. The Blu-ray player may be in LOCK ON mode, which would prevent the tray from opening.
- Power cycle the player, and try again.
- Reset the Blu-ray player.