Table of Contents
- 1 Which section of HTML contains everything that is displayed on the web page?
- 2 How do you identify an element in HTML?
- 3 What are the different elements of HTML?
- 4 What controls the structure and appearance of a document or a web page?
- 5 What is difference between element and tag in HTML?
- 6 What is HTML DOM element?
- 7 Is an empty element?
- 8 What are the 10 basic HTML tags?
- 9 Which is the HTML element defines the whole document?
- 10 Which is the second element in a HTML page?
- 11 Do you have to have a < body > element in HTML?
Which section of HTML contains everything that is displayed on the web page?
Explanation: head is the part of the HTML document that contains everything that is displayed on the web page.
How do you identify an element in HTML?
Identifying HTML Elements
- The element is a letter, word, or phrase with special meaning.
- The element is enclosed with a left-angle bracket (<) and right-angle bracket (>).
- An opening tag ( ) is followed by a closing tag ().
What is HTML element with example?
Element. An HTML element is defined by a starting tag. If the element contains other content, it ends with a closing tag. For example,
is starting tag of a paragraph and
is closing tag of the same paragraph but
This is paragraph
is a paragraph element.
What are the different elements of HTML?
7 The global structure of an HTML document
- The BODY element.
- Element identifiers: the id and class attributes.
- Block-level and inline elements.
- Grouping elements: the DIV and SPAN elements.
- Headings: The H1 , H2 , H3 , H4 , H5 , H6 elements.
- The ADDRESS element.
What controls the structure and appearance of a document or a web page?
The head element contains information, also called as metadata which describes the document and its resources like scripts and style sheets. The style provides an area for defining page-specific embedded CSS styles.
Which element contains all the contents of a web page?
|Opening Tag||Closing Tag||Description|
|>||The second of two main sections of an HTML document. The section contains all the content of the web page.|
What is difference between element and tag in HTML?
Tags are used to mark up the start of an HTML element and they are usually enclosed in angle brackets. An example of a tag is: ….html.
|HTML Tags||HTML Elements||HTML Attributes|
|HTML tag starts with < and ends with >||Whatever written within a HTML tag are HTML elements.||HTML attributes are found only in the starting tag.|
What is HTML DOM element?
It is an object that includes how the HTML/XHTML/XML is formatted, as well as the browser state. A DOM element is something like a DIV, HTML, BODY element on a page. You can add classes to all of these using CSS, or interact with them using JS.
What is the purpose of HTML element?
HTML HyperText Markup Language is used to create Web pages and tells the browser how to display them. It designs the basic layout and formatting of Web pages. HTML is made up of elements or tags and attributes which work together to identify document parts and tell the browser how to display them.
Is an empty element?
An element that does not have an enclosing tag is called an empty element. Adding the closing tags to the empty elements will be invalid syntax. The empty elements don’t have any child nodes. In short, Empty elements are self-closing or void and not container tags.
This is our list of basic HTML tags:
- for link.
- to make bold text. for bold text with emphasys.
- main HTML part.
- for break.
- it is a division or part of an HTML document.
- for titles.
- to make an italic text.
- for images in document.
What are the 4 basic HTML tags?
There are four required tags in HTML. These are html, title, head and body. The table below shows you the opening and closing tag, a description and an example.
Which is the HTML element defines the whole document?
The element defines the whole document. It has a start tag and an end tag . Inside the element is the element. The element defines the document body. It has a start tag and an end tag . Inside the element is two other HTML elements: and .
Which is the second element in a HTML page?
The element contains the entire content of a webpage. It must be the second element inside of the parent < html > element, following only the element. . . .
What are the contents of the HTML head?
The HTML head is the contents of the element — unlike the contents of the element (which are displayed on the page when loaded in a browser), the head’s content is not displayed on the page.
Do you have to have a < body > element in HTML?
The contents of the element are what actually get displayed to the user visiting your web page or viewing your document. And yet, it is very simple. The must be a direct child of , it must come after (if is present, which it doesn’t have to be), there can be only one of it, and … that’s it.