Table of Contents
- 1 What is the definition of tend to?
- 2 What does it mean tend to do something?
- 3 How do you use tend to in a sentence?
- 4 What does well tended mean?
- 5 What words have the root mal?
- 6 What does I tend to agree mean?
- 7 What are the four major factors that create trends?
- 8 What kind of Charts can you use to show trends?
What is the definition of tend to?
intransitive verb. 1 : to pay attention : apply oneself tend to your own affairs tend to our correspondence. 2 : to act as an attendant : serve tended to his wife. 3 archaic : listen. 4 obsolete : await.
What does it mean tend to do something?
[intransitive] tend to do something to be likely to do something or to happen in a particular way because this is what often or usually happens.
What does the suffix tend mean?
-tend- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning “stretch; stretch out; extend; proceed.
Where do we use tend to?
Used with verbs: “He tends to be very serious most of the time.” “Her tantrums tend to happen once a day.” “She tends to act more sophisticated when other people are around.” “She tends to talk a lot when she is nervous.”
How do you use tend to in a sentence?
We are all born flexible but as we grow older, we tend to seize up a little.
- I tend to overuse certain favourite expressions.
- Centrally heated offices tend to be stuffy.
- Children tend to get pushed back in crowds.
- Women tend to live longer than men.
- Men tend to marry later than women.
- People tend to eat more in winter.
What does well tended mean?
Properly or diligently looked after.
What is another word for tend to?
What is another word for tend to?
|look after||take care of|
|administer to||minister to|
|see to||watch over|
Which suffix means the state of being?
|-ity||having a particular quality||stupidity|
|-ly||like, similar to||manly|
|-ment||state of being||contentment|
|-ness||state of being||happiness|
What words have the root mal?
Words Based on the Mal Root Word
- Mala fide: Doing something in bad faith, in an attempt to deceive someone.
- Malabsorption: Bad absorption of food.
- Maladjusted: A bad ability to adjust to a social environment.
- Malaise: A general state of feeling badly; sickness.
- Malign: Evil-natured.
- Malefactor: Evildoer.
- Malady: Bad disease.
What does I tend to agree mean?
Here again, the stand-alone “I tend to agree” means “I tend to agree with the opinion or argument of the person I just quoted or paraphrased.
What is another word for well kept?
What is another word for well-kept?
Is it a tendency of or to?
a tendency (for someone/something) to do something: There’s a tendency for a new manager to make changes. have a tendency to do something: You have a tendency to avoid arguments.
What are the four major factors that create trends?
This occurs on all time frames. As stated above, trends are generally created by four major factors: government, international transactions, speculation/expectation and supply and demand. These areas are all linked as expected future conditions shape current decisions and those current decisions shape current trends.
What kind of Charts can you use to show trends?
You can also use high-low-close charts to show the trend of data that might occur in a range (for example, if you have to track a range of quality rankings for each day). You might think that a bar chart could be used to show time trends.
What should be included in a trend plan?
All initiatives should include detailed risk management provisions. Adopting a trend or fad should be based upon solid business logic that drives corresponding financial engineering and modeling. Be careful of high level, pie-in-the-sky projections. Any new initiative should contain accountability provisions.