Table of Contents
- 1 What are the 5 benefits of family planning?
- 2 What is the main purpose of family planning?
- 3 What are the dangers of family planning?
- 4 Is family planning good or bad?
- 5 Which is the best family planning method?
- 6 Can a woman get pregnant while on family planning?
- 7 Why is family planning important in the United States?
- 8 What are the facts about family planning and contraception?
What are the 5 benefits of family planning?
World Population Day—Six Reasons to Support Family Planning
- Improving maternal health and child survival.
- Reducing the number of abortions overall, especially unsafe abortion.
- Preventing sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV/AIDS.
- Empowering women.
- Promoting social and economic development and security.
What is the main purpose of family planning?
Family planning allows people to attain their desired number of children, if any, and to determine the spacing of their pregnancies. It is achieved through use of contraceptive methods and the treatment of infertility.
What are the benefits of family planning?
Family planning provides many benefits to mother, children, father, and the family. Enables her to regain her health after delivery. Gives enough time and opportunity to love and provide attention to her husband and children. Gives more time for her family and own personal advancement.
What are the qualities of a good family planning counselor?
Providers need to listen to and respond to the client’s concerns and encourage discussion. Effective counseling involves the client actively in every part of the process. Family planning counseling should be private and confidential. Many of the issues discussed, such as sexuality, may be highly sensitive.
What are the dangers of family planning?
Common side effects were irregular bleeding no period, headaches, nausea/dizziness and weight gain/loss. These side effects occurred mainly among pill and injection users. The occurrence of side effects had a negative impact on continuation rates.
Is family planning good or bad?
Use of contraception prevents pregnancy-related health risks for women, especially for adolescent girls, and when births are separated by less than two years, the infant mortality rate is 45% higher than it is when births are 2-3 years and 60% higher than it is when births are four or more years apart.
What are the three methods of family planning?
- long-acting reversible contraception – the implant or intra uterine device (IUD)
- hormonal contraception – the pill or the Depo Provera injection.
- barrier methods – condoms.
- emergency contraception.
- fertility awareness.
- permanent contraception – vasectomy and tubal ligation.
What is the importance of family planning in society?
Family planning helps nations to reach social and economic goals, beginning at the community level. Family planning is an important and cost-effective investment for governments and contributes to multiple economic and health priorities, including reducing poverty.
Which is the best family planning method?
Contraceptives that are more than 99% effective:
- contraceptive implant (lasts up to 3 years)
- intrauterine system, or IUS (up to 5 years)
- intrauterine device, or IUD, also called the coil (up to 5 to 10 years)
- female sterilisation (permanent)
- male sterilisation or vasectomy (permanent)
Can a woman get pregnant while on family planning?
Typically, Depo Provera is 97% effective. This means three out of 100 people using Depo Provera will get pregnant each year. If you have your injections on time (every 13 weeks) it can be more than 99% effective.
What is the best family planning method?
The kinds of birth control that work the best to prevent pregnancy are the implant and IUDs — they’re also the most convenient to use, and the most foolproof. Other birth control methods, like the pill, ring, patch, and shot, are also really good at preventing pregnancy if you use them perfectly.
What is the side effect of family planning?
Why is family planning important in the United States?
Empowering people and enhancing education. Family planning enables people to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health. Family planning represents an opportunity for women to pursue additional education and participate in public life, including paid employment in non-family organizations.
What are the facts about family planning and contraception?
Key facts. Family planning / contraception reduces the need for abortion, especially unsafe abortion. Family planning reinforces people’s rights to determine the number and spacing of their children. By preventing unintended pregnancy, family planning /contraception prevents deaths of mothers and children.
What can midwives do to help with family planning?
Midwives are trained to provide (where authorised) locally available and culturally acceptable contraceptive methods. Other trained health workers, for example community health workers, also provide counselling and some family planning methods, for example pills and condoms.
How does family planning help in infertility treatment?
Family planning allows people to attain their desired number of children and determine the spacing of pregnancies. It is achieved through use of contraceptive methods and the treatment of infertility (this fact sheet focuses on contraception).